2009-03-17

Freedom blog reloaded launch

Welcome to my new blog, "freedom blog reloaded".

Now with this first article I would like to elaborate on the name of the blog, the purpose and what you are likely to find here in the future.

Okay, let's start straight ahead with the name of the blog. Freedom in the blog's name refers to Free Software, which is going to be the main topic of the articles you will find here.
I would like to keep you informed about my involvement in the Free Software community and hopefully provide you with some useful information when it comes to configuring and running Free Software.

Now you might still ask what the "reloaded" part in the blog's name is about. Well, I have done some blogging in the past, but due to various reasons didn't have the time to provide my readers with a constant flow of articles, but this should change now. I am planning on regularly keeping you informed.

On to the last thing I wanted to write about: the kind of articles you are likely to find here in the future.
I am planning on writing posts on development in the Free Software community, updates to the Debian GNU/Linux packages I either maintain or co-maintain, the projects I am working on and last but not least some tips and tricks when it comes to day-to-day operation.

Lastly, as this is a blog dedicated to Free Software it's a good idea to let you know that this blog is being run on a Free Software stack completely and I am using Free Software only to write articles.
The setup is as follows: Running on a Debian GNU/Linux system is lighttpd, my webserver of choice, and builds, along with PHP5 and MySQL, the base for running Wordpress, a blogging system written in PHP.
For writing articles I am using, guess what, a browser, namely Iceweasel (also known as Firefox to non-Debian users), running on my Debian GNU/Linux workstation.

I guess that's it for now. As a last note I would like to point out that even though comments have been disabled for this article I will enable them for all posts where discussion makes sense.

-- Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment